Non-congregate Feeding (Off-site Meals), Parent Pick-up of Meals, & Meal Service Time Flexibility
In order to provide, or continue to provide, off-site meals after October 1, 2020 to your enrolled children, you must complete and submit the waiver request form using the Google Survey Form at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1y3OMp6RUIRdY7BlyqTrYPlKIER4_dC-C2A9Z73MBvCA/edit
Overall, all family day care home providers must complete this form to participate in these waivers starting October 1, 2020, even if previously submitted
If you choose not to take part of this Nationwide Waiver, you simply need to do nothing.
The following three waivers apply to programs that want to distribute meals off-site.
- Non-congregate Feeding: Allows providers to distribute meals off-site to their enrolled children by pick-up and/or delivery. (Must also be approved for the Meal Service Time Flexibility waiver.)
- In order to allow pick-up of meals at the provider’s child care, they must also be approved for the Parent Pick-up of Meals waiver.
- If delivering meals to their enrolled children’s homes, the provider must obtain their families’ written consent to receive delivered meals from them.
Parent Pick-up of Meals: Allows enrolled children’s families to pick up their meals at the provider’s home.
(Must also be approved for the Non-congregate Feeding and Meal Service Time Flexibility waivers.)
Meal Service Time Flexibility: (Must also be approved for Non-congregate Feeding waiver.)
- Allows meal service time flexibility for meals distributed off-site to be served outside of the provider’s regular meal times
- Enables providers to distribute up to a week’s worth of meals to enrolled children at a time.
All other CACFP regulations must be met. Providers may only claim meals distributed to their enrolled children. Required menu and meal count documentation for submitting claims must be maintained.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call the 4C Food Program at 414-562-2652