Are you looking to open your own Child Care Program and are wondering which type of regulated child care to choose?
Certified or Licensed Family? Licensed Group?? If you are interested in becoming a regulated child care provider and cannot decide which type would be the best for you…
please join us on February 8 from 6 to 8 pm online via Zoom. (A link will be emailed to you the day before) to learn about:
- The different types of regulated child care in Wisconsin
- The steps you need to take to start the process for each type
$10.00 registration fee for cost & materials
(Co-Sponsored by 4C For Children and Supporting Families Together Association)
To Register, Click Here to complete the Registration form or call the 4C For Children Training Department at: 414-562-2670
Family Child Care Programs can be regulated as either Certified or Licensed. A general comparison can be found here.
Average Provider Rates by County
Licensing Inquiry Packet Information
Starting a Licensed Child Care program? Click here to view the inquiry packet on DCF’s website
This packet contains all the necessary materials, forms, and resources to help you begin planning for your child care business. Please review the packet in its entirety before moving to the next step of the pre-licensing process.
AFTER reviewing the Licensing Info Packet, complete a Child Care Business Start-Up Worksheet and email or mail it to Supporting Families Together Association.
Washington County Certification
4C For Children provides certification services for Washington County.
Certification is available for family child care providers who are not required to be licensed, but who wish to care for up to 3 children under 7 years of age, with a maximum number of 6 children in care at one time. Being certified, you are able to provide care for Wisconsin Shares subsidized children, you may participate in the child and adult food program, and receive parent referrals when parents call 4C looking for child care.
For assistance: please contact certifier Carolyn Dame at 262-894-1417
Requirements for Washington County Certification
- Attend a Child Care Certification Orientation-call to schedule
- Application packet ($60 fee)
- Tuberculosis (TB) Test/Screening
- Background Check/Fingerprinting Requirement
- Young Star Participation to Accept WI Shares (if accepting families that receive the SHARES benefit)
- Site Visit
- Introduction to Child Care Profession
- Fundamentals of Family Child Care
- Infant/Child CPR
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)-if caring for children under the age of 1 year
- Abusive Head Trauma-if caring for children under the age of 5 years (formerly Shaken Baby Syndrome Training)
- Child Abuse and Neglect Training
- Enrollment with FIS (Fidelity National Information Services)